Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Nice, Kind, Helpful People…

The Nigerians are so very kind. Today Mike (it is his birthday… Happy Birthday Mike!!!) was invited to the Malloy’s with the Sampsons for an afternoon of fun and a make-shift birthday party, including a cake!!! The plan was for me to get to the Malloy’s after class. Now how was I going to get there??? Hmmm…

I checked with the Seminary, but all the drivers were out. So I went to plan B, I asked my class if anyone was living off campus and might be driving home after class… no one. They all are staying here at JETS. Then one student, Isaku, said I have a car I can drive you. And he did. He wasn’t going out but he took time from his studies and family to drive me across town. Nice…

Now came a second challenge, how to get to Malloy’s. I think I remember how to get their but I cannot say for certain. I decided to call Ebere to see if he remembered. We met and although he was supposed to be going to a meeting, he said he would ride along, since Isaku is coming right back, and make sure I get there… Nice.

We got there with no wrong turns, it took about 15 minutes … thanks Isaku and Ebere for being nice and getting me to Mike and my friends. You certainly didn’t have to do it. Ebere I hope you weren’t too late for your meeting.

The Nigerians I have met are definitely nice, kind and helpful…

No comments: