Friday, July 16, 2010

A big big man- part 3

Last weekend I made a preaching excursion to Gombe State about 3 hours from Jos. I had many African adventures, but those hopefully will be for another blog post.

The big big man I have mentioned previously is also from Gombe State and when he learned that I would be traveling to his state, he wanted to bless me, so he arranged for my overnight accommodations… putting me up in a new hotel with AC and TV! He also arranged for all my meals. What a gift. And when we arrived in Gombe by commercial motor car the big big man personally came to pick us up and bring me to the hotel.

I learned too that since it was a new hotel, he personally went and viewed the rooms and checked on the services before booking my room.

What an incredibly wonderful gift from a man I barely know.

Unfortunately he had to leave after taking me to the hotel because he had official business in another part of the state that his job necessitated his presence.

He even arranged for an associate to check on me after worship on Sunday to make sure that everything had been okay… what I kind gesture.

A big big man, with a big big heart for God and God's church… My life is richer for meeting him.

No comments: